Tips for Putting on a Wetsuit More Easily
Are you keen to put your wetsuit on like a pro? With these few tips and tricks, we'll show you how to put on your wetsuit properly. Let’s start with the basics:
- Turn the wetsuit inside out and lay it in front of you so the fish is on top.
- Use a plastic bag to help you get into the wetsuit, alternatively you can wear socks.
- The most important rule is that the wetsuit is only ever pulled up from the inside, this is to ensure there are no tears in the outer material
- Make sure that the suit is pulled up as high as possible into the crotch. The same applies to the underarm area, as the suit must fit as tightly as possible in these areas.
- Once you have zipped up your wetsuit and are ready to swim you need to "flood" your wetsuit. Flooding, in this context, means, that you let water run into the suit through the neck opening and out again at the leg ends. This allows a thin layer of water to remain between your skin and the wetsuit and warms you up during your swim.
For more detailed information and instructions on how to put on your wetsuit, watch our wetsuit video!