WETSUIT CARE INSTRUCTION
Washing wetsuit - WETSUIT CARE INSTRUCTION
After a successful swim session, it’s very important to store your wetsuit properly. To maximize the life of your wetsuit, we recommend the following:
- Turn your wetsuit inside out after the swim and make sure the arms and legs are fully turned inside out!
- Wash the wetsuit in a shower with sailfish Wetsuit Protect or clear water to rinse out all the ocean or chlorinated water.
- After rinsing, it is important that you let the wetsuit dry properly. Use a wide hanger, such as the sailfish Wetsuit Hanger, and keep your wetsuit dry and out of direct sunlight in a hanging position. Ideally as you would fold and hang a pair of pants. Avoid hanging the wetsuit like you would a jacket for long periods of time as this could compromise the integrity of the arms and shoulders.
- Once the wetsuit is completely dry, you can continue to store it either folded or hanging.
- Be careful with petroleum-based products such as Vaseline or baby oil, as it can settle into the inner material of the suit, and weigh it down considerably, as well as damage the seams of the wetsuit. We recommend sailfish Skin&Neck Protect as a protective Cream.
- Never put the wetsuit in the washing machine or dryer.
- Be careful with sharp objects, as they can penetrate the material of the wetsuit and leave tears.
For more detailed information and instructions for putting on and taking off your wetsuit, watch our wetsuit care instruction video!